From : http://pesn.com/2007/09/29/9500450_BobBoyce_Electrolizer_Plans/
And here are some of Bob's old posts regarding his super-efficient electrolysis discovery:
"The resonance effect happened when the alternator on one of these marine
engines failed (rectifier shorted),and superimposed an AC waveform onto the DC
power bus. The effect was limited to a particular RPM range, and was as if
someone kicked in an afterburner, it made such a difference in engine
"From the Trenches" -- One Man's Experience with Free Energy
Bob Boyce tells about how he built a carburetor using hydrogen and oxygen split
using proper frequencies
From: "Bob Boyce" Sent: October 07, 2002 8:38 PM
. into hydrogen research where I was building small electrolyzer type units that
used distilled water mixed with an electrolyte and I would resonate the plates
for optimal conversion efficiency. I discovered that with the right frequencies,
I was able to generate monoatomic hydrogen and oxygen, which when recombined,
produces about 4 times the energy output of normal diatomic hydrogen and oxygen
molecules since the process of combustion does not have to break apart the
molecules first before recombining into water vapor.
Diatomic hydrogen requires about 4% to air to produce the same power as
gasoline, while monoatomic requires slightly less than 1% to air for the same
power. The only drawback was storage at pressure causes the monoatoms to start
joining into diatomic pairs, and the mixture weakens, so it must be produced
on-demand and consumed right away.
I used modified LP carbs on the boat engines to deal with using vapor fuel. I
even converted an old chrysler with a slant six engine to run on the hydrogen
setup and we tested it in the shop.
When I discovered the resonance reaction, I was running a pair of small
water-jet powered race boats off of hydroxy on demand systems. Both boats had
identical systems, which were comprised of 2 pairs of 6-cell stacks. Both used a
pair of dedicated propane carbs with 1" vapor fuel lines coming from the
Each cell in the stack was 4 parallel cells containing 3 cathode plates and 2
anode plates, with 1/8" (3 mm) spacing. The cell stacks were 18" square, so
plate surface area for these was massive. It was essentially a brute force
system, although I was taking advantage of the series cell and the efficiency
boost of the catalytic electrolyte. I had discovered this design in my attempts
to improve efficiency of the basic electrolyser, and it turned out to be much
more efficient than the electrolysers of the day in all of the literature I
could find in the libraries.
I had modified the battery system to use marine deep cycle batteries, with a
heavy solenoid to engage and disengage power to each unit. Battery run time needed was
only in the minutes, so I just changed batteries before each heat, and kept
batteries on charge during the event.
The resonance effect happened when the alternator on one of these marine engines
failed (rectifier shorted),and superimposed an AC waveform onto the DC power
bus. The effect was limited to a particular RPM range, and was as if someone
kicked in an afterburner, it made such a difference in engine horsepower. After
identifying the cause of this unusual burst of horsepower, I set out to find
ways to intentionally create this reaction. The rest is history as they say.
The auto engine I ran was using a 60 series cell unit operating from a resonance
generator and driver. At resonance, it took about 55-60 watts to generate enough
hydroxy gas to just idle the engine, and about 160 watts to run the engine where
the speedometer read 60 MPH in gear. This was with the car rear end up on jack
stands, so no vehicle load at all on the engine. The engine was a chrysler 170
CID slant six (inline 6 cylinder) lean burn system with a carb and a distributor
type ignition. I used a propane adapter plate on that engine to adapt it to
In answer to the question on gas volume, yes, the volume increased dramatically
during resonance, while current draw went way down. I think the limiting factor
on those early 60 cell designs was the amount of gas that could evolve out of
solution and come out of the chamber given the plate area being blocked by the
bubbles. It was as if the water was boiling during resonance, and the bubbles
came out of solution, not just at the plate surfaces.
Bob // 2H+O+Spark=BOOM!
Take me back to the circuit that can make this egas.
Hey I want to see proof.